News from the Community

The following news items are an aggregation of RSS feeds taken from over 60 websites across the web.  They represent member organizations from the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation, the Bridge Alliance, and supporting organizations of the Transpartisan Review.  Although not all items reflect transpartisan news and opinion, the following feed offers an interesting snapshot of the work of organizations who pursue a mission of sharing meaningful ideas and lasting solutions to our most pressing problems.

  • TAKE ACTION: Preserve Ability to Claim SIRVA as a Vaccine Injury!
    The facts: During the last year of the Trump Administration, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) quietly attempted to remove SIRVA – shoulder injury related to vaccine administration – from the list of “table injuries” used by the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). Since SIRVA accounts for over 60 percent of the vaccine injury claims that flow through the VICP, this would have been a terrible blow to those seeking lost wages and other compensation for this debilitating and painful arm injury. During January, however, the Biden Administration put a freeze on all non-finalized Trump rules, ... (Read More)
    Source: Citizens.orgPublished on 2021-04-05By Citizens For Health
  • How To Get the Benefits of the American Rescue Plan
    MomsRising and the #CareCantWait Coalition came together with U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and experts on April 8, 2021 to get you information on how to get the new benefits available due to the recent passage of the American Rescue Plan (ARP). Why? Polls are showing that the majority of people in our nation don’t know what’s in the American Rescue Plan for them -- and in order to achieve the goal of the ARP actually helping to decrease child poverty by 50%, people need to know about how to get the new benefits. So, when you scroll ... (Read More)
    Source: Moms RisingPublished on 2021-04-05By MomsRising
  • Depolarization & Faith: How Faith Can Help Us Reach Across the Divide | Sarah Anderson with April Lawson
    Sarah Anderson is the author of forthcoming book The Space Between Us: How Jesus Teaches Us to Live Together When Politics and Religion Pull Us Apart. Host April Lawson and Sarah discuss her background being raised in a very political family, her journey of learning that people of faith can differ politically, and how she engages—and teaches others to engage—faith and politics in our key relationships. Sarah has a degree in Christian thought from Grove City College. Currently, she works as a writer and editor for the Rethink Group student curriculum. She also maintains a popular blog covering topics ... (Read More)
    Source: Better AngelsPublished on 2021-04-05By Braver Angels
  • End of Year Reflection: 2020 Fellow John Yaros
    When I started working in the Senate this year, I wondered how big of a priority technology policy would be during my time on the Hill. 2020 was supposed to be business as usual in the Senate with annual appropriations and defense bills giving way to a highly anticipated Presidential election. However, a few weeks into my time on the Senate Homeland Security Committee’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations (PSI) that all changed as a global pandemic, in the form of the novel Coronavirus, ravaged America and the world. In a flash, governments around the world implemented quarantines and lockdowns ... (Read More)
    Source: Tech CongressPublished on 2021-04-05By John Yaros
  • The 4th Annual Civvys Awards Ceremony
    For inspiration on those working to repair and improve America - using collaboration as a strength - look no further than the annual American Civic Collaboration Awards, or Civvys, coming to a livestream near you on Monday April 19th, 2021. ... (Read More)
    Source: Big Tent NationPublished on 2021-04-03
  • Top #5Actions of the Past Week: Friday, April 2, 2021
    We’ll get right to it! This week’s 5Actions include ways to learn more about new benefits available to YOU and your family (including the new direct payments related to children in the Child Tax Credit) due to the recent passage of the American Rescue Act (ARP) at a special online event with Speaker Pelosi! Below, you’ll also find ways to make your voice heard as we work to stop gun violence, as well as ways to help build a care infrastructure that enables parents to work and creates good care jobs. Lots to do! Thank you for ... (Read More)
    Source: Moms RisingPublished on 2021-04-02By Sue Anne Reed
  • 4 Ways to Sustain Your Engagement
    By Rachael Houston. Reposted from CampusElect.org. The 2020 Election saw unprecedented levels of civic engagement among the youngest generation. We witnessed a new generation of civically engaged student leaders step up to meet the challenges they faced. Now, we have to find ways to keep that momentum going to create lasting change in local communities across the country. Below we have a few ways that you can keep that momentum going and make lasting change in your community: Maintain your Connections ... (Read More)
    Source: Bridge AlliancePublished on 2021-04-02
  • Ranked Choice Voting takes off in Virginia Democratic straw poll
    The 2021 Virginia primaries, set to take place this summer, have a record number of candidates. 17 Republican and 15 Democratic candidates are competing for three nomination slots - for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General.  On the Democratic side, a simple plurality is required to win the nomination. With 5 candidates running for Governor, that means a candidate could win with roughly 20% of the vote, leaving 80% of Democrats potentially unrepresented in the election outcome, and with Lieutenant Governor, a plurality is even less - just 12.5% of the vote, leaving 87.5% of Democratic voters without a ... (Read More)
    Source: Fair VotePublished on 2021-04-01
  • Gentrification, Immigration, and Hypocrisy
    Weird people are moving to my neighborhood, rent is going up, and I’m not happy about it! Am I protesting gentrification, or immigration? Am I upset about both, or only one? And why? In this episode, Erik challenges us to really interrogate: what’s fundamentally different about “gentrification” and “immigration” in terms of their actual effects on residents who have been living in a town or city for the past few generations? Why do our political tribes focus their ire on one and ignore the other? Qui bono? No notes this time. Just thoughts. I wanted this to be ... (Read More)
    Source: ReConsiderPublished on 2021-03-31By ReConsider
  • Biden Strategy for the Race with China
    Washington – In his massive new infrastructure project, President Joe Biden is betting big that government financing can generate an array of technological innovations that will not only create millions of 21st-century jobs but vault the U.S. ahead of China and Europe in what economists now call the Fourth Industrial Revolution. “We’re going to invest in American workers and American science,” Biden told his first news conference. “We’re going to invest in medical research, cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, industries of the future, artificial intelligence, quantum computing, biotech, and we’re going to make real investments. China is out-investing us by a ... (Read More)
    Source: ReclaimPublished on 2021-03-31By hedrick
1 2 3 4 887